Monday 6 September 2010

Well it's been a while as it often is between my posts so i thought i would post.

I AM GOING OUT FOR A RUN TONIGHT!

I though i would put this in capitals because this is a big thing, it will be the first time i have been out for a run since my foot injury. Damn that abscess, i am still really pissed off about the whole thing! This has been so debilitating at a time when i had finally gotten my act together and was quite happy going out and exercising.

For those of you who don't know what happened and i don't think that will be many people as the entire world seems to know, someone stood on my foot whilst wearing high heels during a ceilidh. It was not the best day of my life and i have a feeling it will be with me for a long time. I just thought my foot was sore and swollen but a fluid filled lump began to form and then proceeded to become infected. So i ended up with an infected abscess but instead of stopping there the infection spread until it was across my entire foot and starting to spread up my leg. It was so painful, it felt like my foot was on fire every time i tried to take a step. I eventually got taken into hospital for iv antibiotics and that was a fun three days. So now it is a lot better, this initially happened SIX weeks ago. I can't believe how long this has taken and is continuing to take. This has been a bad time in my life.

I want to say thank you to everyone who has supported me and sent me supportive messages.

Not much else to report at the moment, my life for the past six weeks has been sort of foot oriented. I will try to post more often but there are no promises.

2 comments:

Once A Sheep said...

Good to see you back in print~!

Flavaknits said...

WooHoo - Kimmies made a blog posting - see something good did come out of that awful day ! lol Mx